5 Effective Ways To Boost Your Study.
Are you enjoying your studies? Or are you bored with your studies? Or are you just spending hours and hours of your time on insignificant topics and not yielding ideal results?
What if I tell you there are some tricks to boost your study? What if I tell you that there are some ways through which you can fetch hours and hours free? Don’t worry, as after a few minutes I am going to share with you some of the highly skilled study tips.
Studying is boring when it’s not winning with what you were expecting. What if I tell you there are ways through which you can make your study session more productive, satisfying, and comfortable?
I was an average student then. My rank in the class wasn’t good enough. I scored average marks most of the time. To point out, most of the time my scores were between 85–90. Exceptions can be applied to mathematics — I was never fond of mathematics. Things began to change after I changed my study tips and tricks. Although I won’t tell you I scored 90+ after I changed my study schedule.
The thing is…I scored the same marks. What are the differences then? Oh yeah. I reduce my study time. I was studying for 8 hours then. Now, I scored the same marks with fewer hours of study(1–1.5hours). I scored 89.20% in the standard 12 institution’s exam and got a rank of 3 among the 110 science students. The boy with rank 2 and I scored the same percentage. But they peep into mathematics scores(mine was lower) and thus place us in the position as we are.
How did I do that? I also got rank 139 All India Rank in the Byjus Scholarship exam (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). To add more I got a merit opportunity — through an interview exam-- for 1 year of free coaching in super 30. I was among the top 30 students who appeared for that exam in my state to get this opportunity. I got merits in both medical and engineering.
Let’s head towards some highly effective study tips to outsmart others. Trust me quantity doesn’t matter. It’s all about quality study. It’s all about how you outsmart people. Here is how………
1. Daily Revision (D-1-DR).
Go through your class notes. Revised all the notes, topics, and passages on the same day.
Don’t leave for tomorrow. Don’t leave any passage to revise the next day — it will cost you more time the next day. It’s good that any learner should go over the topics, the passage taught on that particular day.
This method will help---
- To save time.
- It gives an immediate understanding and looks back on the topic.
- More productive.
- It will help in recalling more quickly.
- It is a short-term recalling trick and hence effective in further process of upholding for a long process.
2. Inverted Pyramid Alpha Technique.
In this technique, you sort out important points while ignoring the excess stuff.
There are certain key terms and points in the books which if you study is enough for the whole chapters. Go check out for such points. Sort them, arrange them. Ignore the excess points. Underline the important one.
This technique is proven to help--
- Save maximum time.
- Have good command over the chapters in short durations.
- Help to sight a quick point to point passages.
- Ignore trivial topics.
3. Inverted Pyramid Beta Technique.
This technique can be done in two ways. One is daily and the other weekly. Any attempt to use it extended beyond the two duration, it’ll have a hostile effect.
What is the Inverted Pyramid Beta Technique? It’s just a study schedule. What does an inverted pyramid look like? Picture it in your mind. Is it not broader at the top and narrower at the bottom? Exactly…it is.
Here is how anyone can apply this technique in two strategies ---
Daily, this technique can be applied in the following —
Study extensively in the morning, then, reduce it at night. Better focus in the morning than at night. How does it help?
Any person in the morning is--
- More energetic.
- Stressed-free, fresh mind and more likely to be concentrating.
- Calm, cool, fully refreshed, reset, and relaxed.
That’s why it is effective. Studying broadly in the morning is the wise way to outsmart the other.
This technique can be executed every week. Study as much as you can from the 1st day of the week to the 5th day and taking a bit of ease on the last two days will help you a lot. Why does it help?
- Starting on the first day with maximum hours of study can make you more confident.
- Once you can start the first day of the week with good vibes of studying the following days will follow the same.
4. Weekly Revision.
This is a very important one. Weekly revising class notes is very much essential. A person can bypass anything within a week. So it’s a very promising suggestion that a person should revise class notes every week.
Why does it help?
- Weekly revision is an ideal step for long-term remembrance.
- It gives more emphasis on weak areas.
- Any student who does weekly revision compensates for no back-loading.
- Besides weekly revisions of class notes can assist any student to discover skepticisms that can be cleared with the help of faculty.
I want to sort out some other tips here all in one designation. Other than the four prime tips here are some ways that can boost your studies.
- Studying in the early morning.
- Frequently doing exercises.
- Eating foods that are good for health.
- Daily Meditation in the morning.
- Practise focus.
- Recalling anything in free time.
- Ask queries to yourself after going over a sentence. Focus on what the sentence is trying to assert.
There are many other techniques that I won’t be able to mention here all. Manipulate it with research, otherwise if not careful might cause expense.